SportzMad Cycling Time Trial - 25 Miles (R25/3H)
ABOUT TIME TRIALLING
Time trialling is an ideal introduction to competitive cycling. It’s just you, your bike, and the stopwatch. It’s the branch of cycle racing in which Sir Bradley Wiggins won his gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics.
Time trialling is the simplest of competitive formats: a race against the clock, with riders starting a minute apart. It’s known as ‘The Race of Truth’ because there’s nowhere to hide, no one to draft behind; just you and the bike and the thumping of your heart. Oh, and a clock ticking.
Further information on time trialling can be found on the governing bodies new website aimed at people starting out in the sport - www.theraceoftruth.org.uk
Governing body main website - www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk
COURSE DESCRIPTION - R25/3H
- start on access road to hirwaun industrial estate (e 293120/ n206180 os sheets 170/160) 8 yards north of lamp column no.1 and 30 yards north of junction with unclassified road (old a465) hirwaun to cefn rhigos.
- proceed south to junction with unclassified road (on to the old route) and bear left to roundabout with a4061 (rhigos mountain road) where take second exit (straight on) to hirwaun roundabout a465 to take first exit.
- continue along a465 to blaengwrach roundabout (mcdonalds) to take second exit (straight on).
- continue on a465 to resolven roundabout to take third exit (straight on)
- continue on a465 to exit at next junction (signpost seven sisters), climbing to the tonna roundabout, where take first exit to aberdulais interchange where circle roundabout and take fourth exit down slip road to re-join the a465 eastward.
- continue along a465 to resolven roundabout to take second exit (straight on)
- continue on a465 to blaengwrach roundabout (mcdonalds).
- take second exit continuing on a465, passing over river bridge and the glynneath interchange to remain on a465.
- finish in the second layby on the left at a point 25 yards west of the ‘take litter home’ sign and opposite the emergency telephone point.
Rhigos Rugby Club, Rhigos, Aberdare CF44 9HJ. 1 mile Race HQ to Start. 6 miles Finish to Race HQ.
|Event Date||12.05.2019 8:00 AM|
|Event End Date||12.05.2019 1:00 PM|