SportzMad Cycling Time Trial - 15 Miles (R15/3A)
ABOUT TIME TRIALLING
Time trialling is an ideal introduction to competitive cycling. It’s just you, your bike, and the stopwatch. It’s the branch of cycle racing in which Sir Bradley Wiggins won his gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics.
Time trialling is the simplest of competitive formats: a race against the clock, with riders starting a minute apart. It’s known as ‘The Race of Truth’ because there’s nowhere to hide, no one to draft behind; just you and the bike and the thumping of your heart. Oh, and a clock ticking.
Further information on time trialling can be found on the governing bodies new website aimed at people starting out in the sport - www.theraceoftruth.org.uk
Governing body main website - www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk
COURSE DESCRIPTION - R15/3A - TBC - may be new faster course
R15/3a Landranger sheet 161 - Start SO314114; Finish SO318108.
- Start on B4598 at gateway opposite bus stop lay-by for The Hardwick pub (NP7 9AA), next to T junction with side lane.
- Proceed north-westwards toward Hardwick roundabout.
- Take 1st exit left onto A40 towards Raglan roundabout.
- At Raglan roundabout take 1st exit left onto "old A40" unclassified road signposted for Clytha.
- Continue past Steelhorse Cafe crossroads (where road becomes B4598 again) and Finish at field entrance on left, about 840yds (half a mile) short of Start.
Llanarth Village Hall, NP15 2AU. Approximately 8 miles from the start, make sure you allow yourself enough time to cycle to the start or drive to the layby near the Hardwicke Pub - then it's only 2 miles to the start.
ENTER HERE: https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/find-events
|Event Date||04.07.2019 6:30 PM|
|Event End Date||04.07.2019 9:00 PM|
|Location||Llanarth Village Hall, NP15 2AU|