SportzMad Cycling Time Trial - 15 Miles
ABOUT TIME TRIALLING
Time trialling is an ideal introduction to competitive cycling. It’s just you, your bike, and the stopwatch. It’s the branch of cycle racing in which Sir Bradley Wiggins won his gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics.
Time trialling is the simplest of competitive formats: a race against the clock, with riders starting a minute apart. It’s known as ‘The Race of Truth’ because there’s nowhere to hide, no one to draft behind; just you and the bike and the thumping of your heart. Oh, and a clock ticking.
Further information on time trialling can be found on the governing bodies new website aimed at people starting out in the sport - www.theraceoftruth.org.uk
Governing body main website - www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk
COURSE DESCRIPTION - R15/3
- start on b4598 at post box in layby opposite laurel cottage, approx 200 yards northwest of horse & jockey pub
- proceed northwestwards towards hardwick roundabout
- take 1st exit a40 to raglan roundabout
- take 1st exit on "old a40" signed for Clytha
- continue past Steel Horse Cafe/Usk junction (where road becomes b4598 again)
- finish at gateway 100 yards short of start, opposite horse & jockey pub
Llanarth Village Hall, NP15 2AU. Approximately 8 miles from the start, make sure you allow yourself enough time to cycle to the start or drive to the layby near the Hardwicke Pub - then it's only 2 miles to the start.
|Event Date||05-07-2018 6:30 pm|
|Event End Date||05-07-2018 8:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||01-04-2018|
|Cut off date||23-06-2018 11:55 pm|
|Location||Llanarth Village Hall, NP15 2AU|